- "Distant Cousins of Vampires" - The Book of Shadows
This Vampiric-like breed of Demons attack unsuspecting victims with their razor sharp canine teeth, The Seekers gather information from their prey by feeding on their brain-stem cells. The knowledge sought and extracted is usually to further their own personal vendettas, usually for murderous means. Their thirst for knowledge is what makes them terribly insidious and dangerous.
Knowledge gained can be used and manipulated for any purpose they wish and they can ultimately acquire information about any subject they wish by feeding on the right victim. The Seekers also view humans as a very meek race that does not user knowledge acquire for useful means.
The Seekers also have the abilities to float through the air via a limited form of Hovering and they can sense demonic residue as well as the shimmers of other demons; it is possible any form of Teleportation can be detected.
Targeting the Landlady
- "Shhh. Don't try to talk, you're brainstem will do the talking for you." -A Seeker before attacking his victim
Targeting Reece Davidson and His Partner
The two demons then target Inspector Reece Davidson believing that he has information about Belthazor. They followed Reece's partner, Andrea to her office thinking she knew where Reece was. When she stated he is out in the field and that she didn't know his exact location, they did not believe her and they attacked her viciously feeding on her stem cells. Prue Halliwell was a witness to the attack due to her seeing The Angel of Death following Andrea in shadow-form.
Protecting Reece from the Seekers
- "We sensed your Shimmer, you're losing your touch." -The Seeker after tracking Belthazor to the Manor
When Cole and the Halliwell sisters discover the Seekers are behind the attack and that they are after Reece as well as Cole, Cole shimmers to Reece, allowing the Seekers to sense that Belthazor is still alive. Trying to keep Reece safe, Cole takes him to cemetery grounds to a mausoleum where it is harder for demons to sense each other; however the plan does not work and the Seekers appear in the mausoleum. Prue and Cole manage to fend them off.
The Seekers Attack Reece
Finding Cole at Halliwell Manor and Their Vanquish
The Seekers then prepare to attack Cole at Halliwell Manor, one waits for him atop a pillar and pounces on Cole as the other goes in for a bite. The Halliwell Sisters rush through the entrance of the Manor and use their powers to defeat the Seekers. Once the Seekers are knocked to the floor, the sisters pull out a copy of the vanquish spell from the Book of Shadows and recited it causing the Seekers to burst into flames, vanishing into oblivion.
The Book of Shadows
A two spread illustration of The Seekers is found in the Book of Shadows. The page include a full color portrait of the demons as well as a brief description regarding their insidious nature and a Power of Three Spell. It reads:
- The Seekers
- Distant cousins of vampires, the Seekers
- gather information by feeding on their
- victim's brain-stem cells. These demons
- can be identified by their ability to float
- through the air and by their long, sharp
- teeth. A two pronged bite wound at the
- base of a victim's skull is usually a telling
- sign of a seeker's attack.
- Vanquishing the Seekers requires the
- power of three and this spell:
- Knowledge gained by Murd'rous Means
- is Wisdom's bitter Enemy
- the mind that burns with stolen Fire
- will now become your funeral pyre
The Seekers appeared only in 1 episode throughout the course of the series: